ProTool Pro v6.0+Sp3 and VBScript - how to update tags in realtime

jumpier

Hi!

i have write some VBScript that check a plc variable (for example m100.0). When m100.0 raise to 1, the script read up to 50 tags and write into a .mdb file via ADODB. My problem: the 50 tags aren't show on some page; so, when the script running i need to update the tags value before writing into a .mdb. Anyone have some idea?

Thanks a lot

Hi "JesperMP"!

I now this way but in this case the polling from my ProTool application to the plc will be too high. I'm afraid that with
this method the online connection to the plc via RS-232 converter (38.4kb) will be too slow. For now i try this; if you have some other idea .... please send a post!

Thank you

38.4kb is a bit slow. What PLC is it ?

The only simple solution I can see is to set the update time to as high as possible for the tags in question. If you want to log with a cycle of 10 seconds, you should set the update time to 4 seconds.

Other than that, there are functions for recipes (aka data records) that maybe can be used to do what you want.
"Data_Record_PLC_To_Tags" reads recipe from PLC into tags.
With PLC job 69 "Read DATA record from PLC" maybe you can do it without having to scan the tags continously.
That said I am not so experienced in recipes or PLC jobs.

the plc is 315-2DP new version but i used the RS-232 converter that working only on MPI port and up to 38.4kb. Now i check your last suggest (read data like as recipe). Thank a lot

Bye Bye

I didn't mean to criticise your english.

My point is that a PC adapter is terribly slow.
And as the price for a much better CP5611 is only 50% more, I would never choose a PC adapter in connection with a stationary PC application. Why cripple an otherwise costly setup by saving a few euros ?
Thats why I didnt realise that your bottleneck was a PC adapter.