PV1000 Standard Error #24 in auto testing in startup, help!

kjay80

My company had a power outage during severe weather, and after getting power back on, one of the PV1000 Standard gives an error #24 in auto testing, during start up!!!
It looks like this is a firmware issue since it is stuck at CRC Firmware Check.
A firmware download via Panelbuilder32 would fix, but the screen is still stuck and cannot get out of this!
Anyone know how to fix this issue?
Can I just download a firmware to PCMCIA card from Panelbuilder32 and plug into back of the PV1000, then start up?
Will this overwrite the current firmware?
Please help!!!
THANKS

If the existing firmware on the terminal is at least 3.0 you should be able to copy the same level firmware package from the PB32 Install Media (PV Firmware directory)on the root directory of an ATA Flash Memory Card (2711-NM216 or NM232); turn the HMI terminal power off, insert the memory card into the terminal and then reapply control power; the package should start overwriting the existing one and hopefully returning the HMI to its previous functionality.
I haven't done it myself in awhile, however, it cannot make your situation any worse than it already is...:sick:
Just make sure you are copying the proper firmware package and you do not have any PB32 application on the ATA card.
The capital letter within the FW package name stands for C=Color, M=Monochrome; it should be followed by 100 (PV1000); then b = Both Keypad+Touch or t=Touch Only or k=Keypad Only; next it is the on-board communications descriptor- dhp=DH+, dh4=DH485, etc.
Good Luck !....:D

Last edited:
What do you mean by same level firmware?
I have PV1000, 2711-K10C3, Firmware 3.4, SER B, REV C.
As long as it is in same 3.xx, should be fine?
THANK YOU

I'd start by trying to "wake up" the terminal and not upgrading an already non-functional firmware; some terminals will not "take" a minor firmware upgrade so this would be the reason I have stated to try using the same PB32 firmware package as the one running on the terminal; the same Major level might work, however, if you could match the Minor level (I don't know what yor PB32 media contains!), I would try it first.

One more thing, can I use a PCMCIA Adapter, with Micro SD Card in CF Card Adpapter?
If so, what is the max memory capacity that Panvelview can read?

I have used CompactFlash cards in a PCMCIA Type II carrier before, but never tried a CF carrier with a Micro SD card inside it.

The PanelView Standard terminals support only FAT file format, so in general you want a flash memory device under 2 GB that's been formatted as FAT. I have had good success with SanDisk CF cards.

I don't know if the CRC check is done before or after the boot loader that would attempt to run a firmware upgrade. It's very likely that this terminal is permanently nonfunctional.