PV550 add a stop

sposb

Is there a way to add a stop to the attached program? I want to stop it after the first rinse so the operator would have to push a button for it to continue. Is that possible? Any guidance is appreciated.

That would depend entirely on the PLC and its connectivity to the outside world. Looking in the PV project, it's talking to a SLC 5/03, which only has RS232 and DH485 as communications options. Someone is going to have to be onsite. Do you have a PC with a licensed copy the programming software on it? If so, someone can remote in to the PC and make the change that way.

I think it was PanelBuilder32 but I don't have a copy. Does anyone have a contact in the Massachusetts area that would be willing to do this? What should I search for if I'm looking for someone with the capabilities to do this? Thank you both for your help I appreciate it.

How old is the PV terminal?
the panelbuilder software went through several updates, the last one is 3.83.01
and it is not compatible with the early version program. you may have to go through some updates first.
james

My copy of PB32 (3.83.00) told me it's an old version of the file, but it opened it fine.
Typically, you would add a button to the HMI for this, but the main code to stop the process would be in the PLC.

PanelBuilder32 is the software for the HMI. The PLC it talks to is a SLC 5/03. Its file will have an RSS extension.

This must be it. I can't open it with anything though. Any advice on what to ask a technician, or how to find a technician? I know very little about any of this and the techs that come in from Crest never seem to know what's going on either.

That's the file for the PLC...but...it has no documentation in it. It's most likely an upload from the PLC at some point and doesn't have any of the symbols/comments. There's a fair amount of code, too, so it won't be super straightforward to modify.
I made a pdf of the RSS file for you, but it's too big to post here. PM me and I'll get it to you another way.

That's the file for the PLC...but...it has no documentation in it. It's most likely an upload from the PLC at some point and doesn't have any of the symbols/comments. There's a fair amount of code, too, so it won't be super straightforward to modify.
I made a pdf of the RSS file for you, but it's too big to post here. PM me and I'll get it to you another way.
You're the best, thank you.