Questions about instruments

MayadaAhmed

Hello,
I want to ask about the solinoed valve, can I use it with slurry??
Also what is a sample line in an online analyzer and how to determine its lenght?

Probably not. You should check with the manufacturer to confirm, though.

Pinch and diaphragm valves are more common with slurries. I suggest finding a valve distributor and making inquiries.

As for your second question, there is not nearly enough info on the application to get good answers.

What is a sample line in an online analyzer and how to determine its lenght?
Process analyzers are typically delicate instruments requiring lots of maintenance, calibration and attention. It is typically not mounted in-line or right next to whatever it is that it is sampling and analyzing, rather it is located in a relatively safe, clean environment.

How does the process sample get from the process pipe to the analyzer to be analyzed?

Hello,
I want to ask about the solinoed valve, can I use it with slurry??
Also what is a sample line in an online analyzer and how to determine its lenght?
1) You can use a solenoid valve to operate a larger valve compatible with slurry. A solenoid valve is usually low voltage/current and con be used to control a much larger electric or pneumatic valve/actuator.

2) As the name implies, a sample line is the line (pipework) used to deliver a sample to the analyser so it can be analysed.

The easy way to determine the length of the sample line is to measure the distance between the point where the sample is drawn off, to the point where it connects to the analyser sample inlet point.

This measurement is crtical - if the sample line is too short, it will not reach the analyser sample inlet, and the result will be a zero reading for the measured analyte, together with a mess on the floor.

Similarly, making the sample line too long will mean it goes beyond the sample inlet point with the same result.

This can be overcome by including a flexible length of hose at either end of the sample line which allows for easier disconnection for maintenance etc.