Quickpanel Cable Help

My Windows 7 machine is at home and I don't have ProficyME on it at the moment. Honestly I use XP still for all my automation needs. Not neccasarily by choice. but because I am lowest guy on the totem pole for our automation team. lol

Can you also verify it with Proficy ME on Windows 7?

Russ,

I will ship you one today or tomorrow, if you can... test it for me also with QuickDesigner also ?

I have a few customers asking about it also and I dont think I have the software, I know my old USB-GPW-CB03 will not work with QuickDesigner but works great with Proface Pro PB, the new one should work with QD and Proficy

Should be fine with W7 (32 or 64), if you have the internet on that PC then it will (should) fine the best driver, the chip set on these are CH341, I will add them to the CD that will come with it

http://www.plccable.com/ge-quickpanel-proficy-me-view-hmi-cable-proface-usb-gpw-cb03/

GPW-CB03a with GE_IP Proficy ME & QuickDesigner to QuickPanel

I received the GPW-CB03a and tested it using both PME 8.60 SIM 5 on Win7 Pro 64 and QuickDesigner 3.70 on Win XP in XP-Mode.
It worked fine in both cases with two different old QPI-2xxxx units.
I did need to show the OS where the Drivers were, which came on a mini CD. In both the download and upload it ran in 38400 BPS. In QuickDesigner it took about 2 minutes for each the download and the upload but PME about 10 minutes and needed to restart a couple of times (it restarted on its own), but it worked.
The cable showed up in Win7 on COM5 and in XP-Mode in COM3. YMMV
The setup and use in both cases was quick and easy. 🍻

You can order your own here:
[FONT=&quot] http://www.plccable.com/ge-quickpanel-proficy-me-view-hmi-cable-proface-usb-gpw-cb03/[/FONT]

Update

Just wanted to update if anyone was looking, we have now completed our newest version of this cable and it now works with both versions of the software, Russ has tested it on the GE QuickDesigner (thanks Russ!) and I tested the Proface GP software... so the good news is one cable works for both now

Little on the slow side but they work great and look nice :)