;Range Function Block in GE Funac 90-30

jcp

Hi;
I read the range function block. It describe if the value between L1 and L2 the output is true. But in RSLOGIX5000 Lim instruction have both option.
I want that if IN is out of L1 and L2 range then the output become true if between L1 and L2 it become false. Is there any solution to full fill this task.
Second i want to create constant which is used through out the programme. For example
%R0001=-3000 and %R0002=7000 I think %R2 can not be used (may be i am wrong) becuase of 32 bit register.
So i used %R0003=7000. How i create constant and is i am right to use the register 3 instead of 2.
Regards

Last edited:
I think %R2 can not be used (may be i am wrong)
You're wrong.
I want that if IN is out of L1 and L2 range then the output become true if between L1 and L2 it become false. Is there any solution to full fill this task.
Sure, use a -(/)- coil instruction and then use a contact addressed to that coil.

Power up your bench PLC and practice on it instead of asking someone else to interpret the manual for you.

Sir steve;
In advancedHMI i read the analog values but it supports only unsigned 16 bit value.
Sir as u know i am new in this field. I want to understand the %R. How can i understand that it confuses me a lot.
If u remember in the past i use to store the value in r1 from analog input the value range is -2000 to 32767. And u guide me that used r3 instead of r2 becuase it consumes 32 bit memory.
what is the creteria to used register effectively? I understand that mystry? Please do not be angry.
If any eample to understand that i am very thankful to u and always pray for u please help me?
Regards

I am not Steve, but I will try to explain.
For any Integer type, you use 1 register (16 bits). Such as Signed Integer (+/- 32764) , or Unsigned Integer (0-65528). For all other types use 2 consecutive registers (32 bits). Such as Double Integers & Reals.
Also remember that the 90-30 processors do not support Unsigned Integers.