Reading HMI Tag using VBA from FctoryTalk SE Tag database

whussain6

Hi,

I am trying to create a list of tags with status, reference and description using Microsoft List view Control 6.0 and VB code behind the scene.

I have successfully created the list as in the attached pic but getting error for first tag when trying to read the tag. All the tags are HMI memory discrete. As you can see from the pic that tag_1(Precheck 1) is healthy but the list shows unhealthy

The error is -2147217536, Unable to read the tag <Tagname>

If I shuffle the tags i.e. read tag_2 first it will error for tag_2

Also I am using for loop to add these tags to the list.

Thanks in advance

Prechecks List.jpg

Last edited:
Whole chunk of VBA code

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents objGroup As TagGroup
Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()

Dim objTag As Tag
Dim TagValue As Boolean
On Error GoTo ErrHandler

Set objGroup = Application.CreateTagGroup(Me.AreaName)

objGroup.Add "Test\Tag_1"
objGroup.Add "Test\Tag_2"
objGroup.Add "Test\Tag_3"
objGroup.Add "Test\Tag_4"
objGroup.Add "Test\Tag_5"
objGroup.Active = True

Set objTag = objGroup.Item(Counter)
Let TagValue = objTag.Value

End Sub

Last edited:
Solved

I have managed to resolve the issue by chance

all I did is... before reading the value I refreshed the first item of the group i.e.

ObjGroup.item(1).RefreshFromSource