Redlion Crimson FTP

TigerCR1200

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client who wants to use the FTP server built into the Redion Crimson HMI. I have it set up and can connect to the server when I am behind the router. When I try to connect to the FTP server from outside the router I end up with this error:

Code:
Command: SYST
Reply: 500 Unknown command
Command: FEAT
Reply: 500 Unknown command
Warning: The 80's called, they want their antique server back. Modern servers support FEAT
Command: PWD
Reply: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE I
Reply: 200 Type set to BINARY
Command: PASV
Reply: 227 Entering passive mode (192,168,13,10,145,195)
Error: Server returned unroutable private IP address in PASV reply

Does anyone have any idea if this is an issue with the FTP Server or the Router or some other random issue I am unaware of?

Looks like it is a network topology issue. If you can access the server from behind the router with an IP address of 192.168.13.XX on your machine but not from outside, e.g. from the internet/corporate network you will need to do some port forwarding or configure a firewall to allow a connection between the networks.

Can you provide some more information about your network setup?

I agree with alexmarcy. If you can connected locally then it seems to be a routing or network issue. There are no settings that can be altered on the red lion side to make it work differently in this situation.

Thanks
Jeremy