regulations for control cabinets

wwlederer

Our small company produces a special technology equipment (consists of pumps, motors, plc etc) for general industrial use. I do design of the control cabinet. Which regulation documents must I follow for electrical installation inside the cabinet? The UK (EU) law is particularly interesting.

Another question: if we use 240V AC, do we have to install a general isolator into the control cabinet?

We use EN60204-1 as our normal refernce, unless it's industry specific (Water Industry, Petrochemical etc)...

Hope this helps.

Hi Rob!
Thank You very much for the information! Can You tell me where can I get this document, please? Is it possible to download it for free from somewhere?
Yours sincerely Wal

IF you find it in full for free please let me know. I could use a copy but they want almost $400 for it so I reckon I do not need it right now.