Remote racks on Controllogix

Andrew_W

Good Afternoon,

I'm helping to design a ControlLogix system in which we have 3 racks of I/O. Am I correct in my assumption that in each rack of I/O I will need a 1756-CN2 module to create my remote I/O via a controlnet network?

Thanks,

Andrew W

Good Afternoon,

I'm helping to design a ControlLogix system in which we have 3 racks of I/O. Am I correct in my assumption that in each rack of I/O I will need a 1756-CN2 module to create my remote I/O via a controlnet network?

Thanks,

Andrew W

Yes, but the CN2 may be overkill. You could use a 1756-CNB and save some $$$$
What type of cards are going in your remote racks?

Yes. Or use a 1756-CNB, which is cheaper but with slightly less performance and capacity. You'll also need one in the local rack with the processor

If you need a lot of io I would put it all on flex io or point io. It will save you panel space and you can field wire directly to the io card. Something like a 4 slot controllogix chassis to house the CPU and com cards, then your three racks of flex or point io. Probably a lot chcheaper to. But if you need high speed counter cards or motion control it may be a different story.