Reset port configuration on SLC5/03

jvdcande

Hello colleagues,

I'm writing a course on communication with an SLC5/03. When I have configured port 0 for ASCII transfers, how can I get this port back to normal (default) settings? With CompactLogix there's a pushbutton on the front of the processor to accomplish this. What's the equivalent for SLC?

The trainees don't know anything about using port 1 (the DH485 port) at this point of the course, so I can't tell them to use that port to reconfigure.

Thanks to all who will respond.

Kind regards,

Normally I use the other port to reconfigure but there is a way. You need to remove the processor (turn off PLC first) remove the battery leads then short the two peices of copper on the right top of the mother board marked VBB and GND for 60 secs. (AB recomends 60, I find 10 works). Reconnect battery and reinstal.
WARNING: THIS WILL SET THE PROCESSOR TO FACTORY DEFAULT IE BYE BYE PROGRAM.
Regards Alan Case

Look in RSL Channel Config, make sure Mode Change is enabled

If you define a character, or use the default <ESC>S and <ESC>U, you can send it those characters and switch modes from Sytem to User and back.

RT