RSLogix 500 and Page Titles.

Tharon

After using RSLogix 500 for a few years and never really using the page titles, I noticed a handy little feature. While online, the page titles appear in the project tree to the side under the ladder, allowing quick/easy shortcuts to key parts of a ladder.

Is there a way to make the page titles appear in the project tree while offline? So far it only seems to be online, and I can't find any options to make it otherwise.

I've recently gone from making programs that only I would ever work on, to making programs that will be shipped out with machinery. And while I'm 100% sure of the quality of my PLC programming and my HMI based troubleshooting help, I know those who use them will still want to use the PLC program to troubleshoot.

Providing the "Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree" option has been selected, Page Titles should appear whether you are online or offline.

OG

UPDATE: Just verified, they do show up offline

Last edited:
Ah, so it does. Thanks.

I only have RSLogix Micro at home, but it worked there, so it'll probably work on 500 when I get back tomorrow.

CTRL+D

Very handy for navigating complex projects as long as your page titles and rung comments are organized, this is one of those gems in Logix5/500 that doesn't get enough air-play.

I use Page Titles quite a bit in PLC5/SLC500 Programs. It makes finding things quick and easy for the Maintenance Electricians when they are not very familiar with a PLC Program. It is a pity they didn't see fit to include it in Logix5000.

Stu.....

CTRL+D

Very handy for navigating complex projects as long as your page titles and rung comments are organized, this is one of those gems in Logix5/500 that doesn't get enough air-play.

Okie, not sure if you know that RA added a new feature where Page Titles can now be accessed right from the Project Tree. Your LAD 2 would have a little plus symbol next to it and clicking the plus shows all the titles in LAD 2 or whatever LAD you are using.

From Tools and Options you can turn on the "Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree". It is deselected by default.

My apologies if you already know this, perhaps someone else reading the thread may not be aware of this feature that makes Page Titles a little easier to use.

I am a big proponent of Page Titles and think they are vastly underused mainly because people don't realize that they are a searching tool.

OG

I had been using RSLogix for about 6 years overall, and just stumbled upon the extent of their use in the last half year or so. I'm going to be using them on all my new projects, and will be showing our maintenance electricians how to use them in the project tree to quickly go to certain spots in the program.

I use Page Titles quite a bit in PLC5/SLC500 Programs. It makes finding things quick and easy for the Maintenance Electricians when they are not very familiar with a PLC Program. It is a pity they didn't see fit to include it in Logix5000.

Stu.....

They really do need to be added to logix 5K

A lot of the good tools and features of logix 5 and 500 were left out of 5000. I have never been able to see logic in that.

Why change something people already like and use. Just add to it. Lot of good things in 5000 that you did not have in 5 and 500.

Mix them together and you would really have something.

Okie, not sure if you know that RA added a new feature where Page Titles can now be accessed right from the Project Tree. Your LAD 2 would have a little plus symbol next to it and clicking the plus shows all the titles in LAD 2 or whatever LAD you are using.

From Tools and Options you can turn on the "Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree". It is deselected by default.

My apologies if you already know this, perhaps someone else reading the thread may not be aware of this feature that makes Page Titles a little easier to use.

I am a big proponent of Page Titles and think they are vastly underused mainly because people don't realize that they are a searching tool.

OG
Yes, I had noticed this before, but long after I had developed my CTRL+D habit. No need to apologize though, the modern, young, mouse-happy programmers that follow this thread will probably like that method of access better. ;)

Funny that they called it "Advanced Diagnostics". I always thought it should be called "Advanced Navigation" or something more descriptive of what it does for you.

I never got to use ICOM, only 6200 and APS, but I wouldn't go back to those, given the chance.

The mouse isn't so bad, it's the fact that more and more windows apps that omit keystroke and function key shortcuts and force you to move the pointer around the screen for everything that I find irritating.

I agree you should have both options for pretty much everything.

I am the reverse of that in I used to only use a mouse and always wondered what all the shortcut keys fuss was about.

Now that I am using the keyboard shortcuts more I really like it.