RSLogix 500 Browser window too small.

mbigweav

o_O
This is an issue that has bothered me for some time. Does anyone know how to make the browser window for searching for matching offline files in RSLogix 500 any larger than it natively is? I wish you could stretch it but no grips on window. I don't understand why they make these windows soooooooooooooo small with no way to resize them.o_O

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

System:
Dell Latitude E6510
4GB Ram
Windows 7

Thanks

Mike Weaver

RSLogix500 Browse Window.JPG

Welcome to Allen Bradley? HAHAHA!

They make some decent and usable graphics software, but their programming software has size limitations in some areas. Sorry. Copy your stuff and edit it in notepad, the old-fashioned way.

I've never figured out how this never changes from version to version, either.

They make some decent and usable graphics software, but their programming software has size limitations in some areas. Sorry. Copy your stuff and edit it in notepad, the old-fashioned way.

The ladder editing window and project tree windows are resizable. He is having issues with not being able to resize the Open/Save/Browse for Offline projects window. Which he can't copy/paste into a notepad and edit :)

Unfortunately while most windows are resizable, the ones for opening/saving files aren't.

AB doesn't use the standard windows file open/save dialog form because it's open/save form displays information about the processor and program of any file you select in the dialog box at the bottom of the form. However I rarely refer to that information and the inconvenience of not having a resizable dialog box doesn't justify the custom form. I agree with the OP, the form for browsing to the directory containing the Upload Use File is a real PITA.