RSLogix 500 grace period

Jim G.

Had to break out an old laptop to access a system. Stills has RSLogix 500 on it but no activation. It starts up with the 7 day grace period.

Is there any way to reset this grace period to buy another 7 days in case I were to have to do this again?

Just curious.

I have an activated copy, it just wasn't available at the time.

Thanks

You would have to put a license on that laptop, open RSl500 and get the popup the product has been successfully activated to reset it.
Then move the license off the laptop and next time it is reopened a new grace period will start.
For this I have a FTAM license on a USB Dongle and a EVRSI liense for versions up to 9.0 on the flash drive on it.

Had to break out an old laptop to access a system. Stills has RSLogix 500 on it but no activation. It starts up with the 7 day grace period.

Is there any way to reset this grace period to buy another 7 days in case I were to have to do this again?

Just curious.

I have an activated copy, it just wasn't available at the time.

Thanks

I have it installed on a VM with a snapshot taken before I opened it and started the grace period. It works well as long as you remember to take your files off the VM when you are done or store them on a mapped disk on the host.

I only use this at home for playing around in my spare time. We have licenses to use it on our work laptops.

I have it installed on a VM with a snapshot taken before I opened it and started the grace period. It works well as long as you remember to take your files off the VM when you are done or store them on a mapped disk on the host.

I was wondering if this would work, neat workaround. Also wouldn't do this for work, just on a personal machine.

I was wondering if this would work, neat workaround. Also wouldn't do this for work, just on a personal machine.

I have to do this for a machine I work on - NOT Allen Bradley, but I think an Italian PLC that the company wont support this old system, At the initial install it runs for 30 days then requires an unavailable license. Tech Support at the company said this was the only way to do it unless you install it on a new PC every time you need to use it - uninstalling doesn't remove the license start date from the PC.

I did the install on a VM & did not open it, closed the VM & made a copy of the original.

EDIT: As far as the project files I always keep them in the VMWare SHARE folder and have it mapped in the settings in the VM, so it can be copied from the host from the SHARE folder.

Every time I have to go back to this machine I overwrite the VM with the original and have a working copy again.

Last edited: