RSLogix 500 how to disable part of logic if pump does not start based on current sens

bearsgone

Hello

I have logic for two pumps that run based on levels and alternate upon each run. The issue is that I can not seem to figure how to go about bypassing alternation logic in case if Pump 101A or 101B fails. Say if I have current sense for both pumps and if Amps are higher then .5 amp set B3:10/10 for 101A and B3:10/11 for 101B.

If it is 101A turn to run and no current sense confirmation(B3:10/10) run 101B. Same for the other pump.

Spent couple of days on this problem and still do not have solid solution.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Seems like you're over complicating it.

You could check each drive set a flag for each one, toggle a bit to select the pump, then have JSR's to routines with preceding case checks on the status/toggle bit.

I can't check the code you have.

Ok, I believe what you are looking for is something I have always heard referred to as "Lead-Lag" logic, but you are also looking to automatically switch the lead and lag pumps in between start sequences.

I have attached a file that performs lead lag logic for your two pumps and toggles the lead lag in between start sequences. If the lead pump fails then it will try to start the lag pump. If both pumps fail... well, nothing left to do anyways.

If you have a RUN feedback as an input from the pumps, then you really should be using that in your logic instead of assuming the pump is running when you energize the output coil for that pump.

Test the logic, I wrote it fast so there may be an error so it is your responsibility to ensure that it works. Please let me know if you have any questions.