RSLogix 500 Licensing

wpuryear

Hopefully a simple question I can't seem to find the answer to. I have a node locked RSLogix 500 license on a single PC. Should I be able to run two instances of the program simultaneously?

When I open a second instance, sometimes it runs fine, other times I get the no license/grace period message.

Thanks - Walt

As far as I know, you should be able to run as many instances as you want. Might be worth a call to Rockwell Activations Support if you can't get it figured out, I believe there's no requirement for a TechConnect contract to get activation support.

As far as I know, you should be able to run as many instances as you want. Might be worth a call to Rockwell Activations Support if you can't get it figured out, I believe there's no requirement for a TechConnect contract to get activation support.

^^^^^^^^^Second this.

I have one license on my laptop and I have multiple instances open as I type this. Also, they will give activation support without TechConnect.

Just as a followup, Rockwell support seems to have corrected the issue by deleting the RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 500 English folders from the registry, followed by a reboot.