RSLogix 5000: Search past carriage returns in descriptions?

Paul351W

I am working on a new project, and I copied the Logix5000 file from a previous project. I have some descriptions that I want to change, but the text that I want to change is not all on one line of text.

Example: I want to change

Hydraulic
Load #2

to say this instead:

Hydraulic Load #2

So that I can replace "Hydraulic Load #2" with a different name and re-use the existing code. Has anyone done anything like this?

Doesn't look like the Find/Replace in RSLogix5000 is going to work for you.
You might try this:

Export the tags from RSLogix to a csv file.
Open it in Excel and use Find/Replace.
The "newline" character is $N.
Import changes back into RSLogix.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been using that method on the rest of the project.

I also noticed that doing search and replace on descriptions is MUCH faster in Excel than in RSLogix5000 as well.