RsLogix500 Version Compatibility

intradave

I have a customer that has RxLogix500 Pro Ver7.3, and we're using Ver8.4.
Will they be able to use the program files from V8.4 in V7.3?

The processor is a MicroLogix1100 (1763-L16BBB), and we aren't using any "weird" instructions; a few BSLs, some indirect addressing and the EII function......

From my experience, I'm pretty sure the customer could (at the worst) upload the program file from the PLC and then IMPORT comments, but is there something more "elegant"?

Can you have TWO different versions of RsLogix500 on one machine?

Thanks for any help!

i was told by the ab rep that you would first have to give them the file. they would have to go online and upload the file.

this is assuming that their version supports the processor that is in question, model # and revision.

regards,
james