RSLogix5000 SFC & FBD

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am curious as to how many of you actually utilize the SFC and FBD available in RSLogix5000. I find both very useful depending on the task at hand, but have experienced such resistance to customers about diverging from LAD that I never even ask about it anymore. I haven't used SFC or FBD for years now as a result. Has anyone else seen the tide change on this over time, or are most places still hung up on LAD only development?

I use ST a decent amount when I have to perform a lot of computations or other things that ST is better suited for. I tend to force the issue on that and I usually don't get much push back on it if it is kept to a minimum.

I use ST and FBD often, though most of the logic is in LAD.

Some of the blocks in FBD are just too tasty to ignore, and ST is an absolute must for heavy number crunching, or just a bunch of assignments.