RSVIEW SE datalog to excel? or something else?

AndrewB

Hi guys

Anyone got any experiance with this?

What i have to do is create a daily report of datalogged information coming from a RSVIEW SE/CLX setup with access to our companies pc ethernet.

They are after hourly data with a new file at midnight everyday. All of which i have tags for but they are spread out all over the place.

I initially thought to use the Datalogging in SE using DBF wide.
But it doesnt format the DBF (when opened in excel) nicely at all.
In fact it creates 2 files, one with a legend of the coloumns and one with the data.

the ODBC seem to only want to create one huge file.

my other thought was to create a UDT, move all the tags into it.
make an array of this udt's, then shift it every hour to fill the table up. Have a display hidden with all the data then do a screen print to something like pdf995. which saves a screen dump as a pdf on the network drive. This would be done automatically at midnight.

Any one got any other ideas????
I'm not really happy with either of the above...

Last edited:
Not used SE for logging, but have loads of stuff logging on RSView32, I use odbc, (MS Access driver), I snapshot the data as required, then in Excel I created some VB with sql to query the db
It stores it in Tag,Float & String tables.
basicaly the vb does a query like select from mydb.mdb, float.dateandtime,float.val, where float.dateandtime > "05-10-2005 00:00:00 and float.dateandtime < "05-10-2005 23:59:59, orderby etc.......
a good ay to get the right format is to do a macro in excel & retreive data, save it, look at it in vb, this will give you the basics, substitute say the date/time for when you want the data & copy it to a vb routine.