RsView Studio Help

wolosyn

Hey Guys,

In addition to the Alarm list for one of our machines, I would like to include an Blinking Indicator which will Display only the first Alarm that causes the machine to shutdown drives. for example, operators might accidently bump and Estop or a Door latch (this has happened multiple times, it's big machine with a lot of safety inputs and results in a lot of downtime due to searching) when this happens, the alarm list default 15+ messages. So if an indicator was blinking with only the first estop/door

Is there a way to do this? Link all tags to one indicator or stack indicators and only allow the first true input to show up??? Maybe enter a coded expression rather than tagging one input per icon.

One simple (albeit tedious) way to accomplish this is with your ladder logic. You can set up a rung for each alarm condition, with an XIC of the condition, followed by a series of XIO's of the other possible conditions to OTL a bit reflecting the alarm condition. Do the same for each alarm condition, with the XIO's addressed to each other condition's latch bit. That way the first alarm condition to occur will latch in and preclude all the others.
You can then monitor just these alarm latch bits with tags in your alarm display, or set-up one multi-state indicator with a unique state for each tag, and an expression defining the state values of the indicator.
I personally prefer to use indicators for process alarm displays, because they seem to be more user-friendly for operators, but are more labor intensive to build.

Another possibility if you are using a controllogix processor is to load your alarm bits/inputs into an array and use an FSC instruction to find the first true bit, then monitor that instruction's .pos bit for your alarm indicator.

Hope this helps

I have had a similar problem in the past where one e-stop dropped out cut power to the whole e-stop circuit and caused every other input to drop as well. My solution is similar to the other one

I set up the alarms in the PLC to latch in one bit in an alarm word that is sent to the panelview. In the ladder logic I use an EQU that checks that the alarm word (int or dint) is equal to zero before it allows an alarm to be latched. Once an alarm bit is latched the word is no longer equal to zero and no new alarms can be turned on. However, if you do have more than one problem - such as multiple e-stops pressed or gates open - as each is resolved and the operator resets the alarm each new one will show up until all are resolved.

Once you have this logic in the PLC you can then use the alarm word in your standard ALARM SETUP in RSView.