RSView32 Alarm banner won't pop up?

jkaneko

Does anyone out there know as to why my alarm banner does not pop up?
Interfaced with PLC5 thru DH+ and pointing to the correct processor.
All tags in the Database are setup correctly.
The tags are coming on/off using tag monitor.
Tags for Events are correct also.
All spellings and spaces are spelled correctly.
Tried using other bits to see if it will pop up. Still won't pop up.
I have tried using another PLC5 with ethernet connection and it works.:confused:
Please help. Thank you in advance.

Does anyone out there know as to why my alarm banner does not pop up?
Interfaced with PLC5 thru DH+ and pointing to the correct processor.
All tags in the Database are setup correctly.
The tags are coming on/off using tag monitor.
Tags for Events are correct also.
All spellings and spaces are spelled correctly.
Tried using other bits to see if it will pop up. Still won't pop up.
I have tried using another PLC5 with ethernet connection and it works.:confused:
Please help. Thank you in advance.
This may sound silly but have you set up the alarm banner under Studio or Factory Talk or whatever they call it now days(on the application side)?
You will need a trigger of sorts to make the banner visible (pop up) which must be set up within the application.

I have not worked with RSView32 in several years, but we had the same issue with version 6.something.

The OEM for the machine sent us an upgrade to 7.0, and it created several other problems with the application, so we switched back to 6.whatever that we started with and just started rebooting the machine once a week as a preventive.

There were, and probably still are, at least a handfull of technotes that address this issue with alarms. Search the knowledgebase at ab.com.

I finally got the RSView Banner to Pop Up.
In the RSView32 Project the Event does not like to have more than 8 events. So what I did was delete my event that I created and added to an existing event.