RSView32 Alarm Handling

aiki202

I am setting up an application that allows an operator to get help based on whatever alarm or fault is present. My idea is this: use an event to trigger a VBA subroutine that captures the alarm tag to an array each time an alarm occurs. Then if the operator needs help with the alarm or alarms (if several are present) they can select the specific alarm from a combo box (populated from the current array list) and open a help file that is associated with the specific tag.

One concern with this method is that alarms could occur that the event will miss.

Is there a more efficent or robust way to do this?

Using XP PC with version 7.4.

Thanks!

Similar Topics

iam using rsview32 for SLC500/5 processor.we have 9 motors to control in the process.suppose if motor 6 trips, iam getting alarm as if 7 trips. i...
Replies
Views
Hi, It was brought to my attention today that the alarm log on one of our View32 Projects has not worked in 2 years. I looked at the setup:file...
Replies
Views
hi I feel like this should be easy but i cant figure it out. I want to take my alarm log history and save it to a folder so I can look at later...
Replies
Views
Hi, I followed the instructions on setting up alarm logging but it never explains how to set alarm log to display inside one of my displays...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know anything about setting up an audible alarm from RSview32 to PC's speakers. We have a tank level alarm that gives a visual...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom