S7-1500 Remote access over vpn

cottagewood

Could anybody offer any advice on this
I have an S7-1500 on a site which I need to connect to remotely with TIA portal.
My VPN access is via cisco vendor vpn, I can access and ping PC's on the site but I can't ping the PLC.
The IT assure me that all the ports are open and there should be no reason I can't connect to it and they of course are blaming the PLC.
The IP , Subnet mask and default gateway are configured and I can ping it and access it if I'm on site,
I'm sure it's an IT issue but it's controlled by a big corporate and the IT guys don't understand devices other than desktops
anybody got any Ideas?

I knew it, the network switch into the site was blocking it although no-one knows why, I traced the routing and it was stopping at the sites switch.
I by-passed it and went straight from the router and it works fine