S7 200 digital expansion I/O

ist3k

Hello :)
I have a question,

I want to use s7 226 for some work
but i need many I/O
with s7-200 i can use only 7 expansion modules that give me about 40-50 I/O

I need more I/O 128in and 128 out

I dont want to use S7 300 because i dont like it !

Can someone tell me what will be the best and the easy way to have 128in/128out (or more) with S7 - 200 ?

Thanks

I am not at work so may be wrong, but im sure the s7 200 has high density io modules being 32in/32out 24vdc.

Other than that add an ASi module and use ASi I/O.

Other than that add another S7 processor and link them via the comms and use the second s7 as remote I/O.

The best you can do is use the S7-226 with seven EM223 16I/16O modules. This will give you 136 inputs and 128 outputs

I did not know about these high density IO modules. How does the PLC address all this IO. According to the S7-200 manual, the process image registers are 16 bytes for inputs and 16 bytes for outputs. Did Siemens increase the number of available registers?

Thanks
I did not know about these high density IO modules too
https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=223+&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=0&nodeid0=10805151

anyway i dont need 7 of them because... i need ethernet and some analog modules
and maybe i will need 2 CPU

can someone tell me why i hate s7 300 ???

i love to work with s7 200 and microwin is very nice to use
i find step7 not so friendly

What is yor professional advice:
1. to move on s7 300 and use step7 ? or
2. or to stay with s7 200 and use microwin i know very well s7 200 cpus and i am very good in it

for this system i will need 2 inverters(now system use 4-20out, maybe i will move to some digital solution) , 3 balances(also 4-20 inp) , 2(4) thermocouples(RTD) ethernet and alot of I/O) it's a mixing and dosing system

Last edited: