S7-226 ethernet module errors!!!

Scott-bc

I am using the ethernet module wizard in the Step 7 program giving the PLC an address of 192.168.0.21. My HMI runtime application on another computer is 192.168.0.20. I have a cross-over cable from the PLC ethernet port to the PC running the Winn flexible runtime application.

After I complete the ethernet wizard the "ETH1_CTRL" block in the main program has an error status it shows 240. This means that the S7 is not recognizing the ethernet module. The "ETHx_CFG" block has and error as well.
Cause of these problems??

The PC running the Step7 software is communicating to the S7 with the PPI/USB communicator. This comms. is fine and I can see the PLC. The ethernet module has the crossover cable running to the PC that runs the WinCC PC runtime application.

When I set up the ethernet module in the wizard do I select the ethernet module as a client or server? I am thinking it should be a server?

First time I set up one and it is taking longer than expected. All I want to do is exchange the data from the PLC to my WinCC runtime app.

The ethernet module has the crossover cable running to the PC that runs the WinCC PC runtime application.
I have not done what you are wanting to do however I would look at the ethernet settings in WinCC Flexible. I don't know if WinCC Flexible will use the ethernet port on the computer of if you need a CP card. Just an idea you may want to check on.

edit:
I just did a search and found this

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22776591

It looks like they are using the ethernet card on the PC. Another thing to check is the IP address. Make sure they are in the same domain. Make sure the IP address match except for he last set of digits.

Last edited:
Solution found.

Charles,

Thanks for the help. I used the stop-by-step guide and it worked! The main problem was that prior to installing the ethernet module there as and ASI master in position 0. I had to deleate this module using the ASI wizard. Once I installed the ethernet module it worked and all errors went away.

Thanks again guys.

Scott