S7-313C communication Error

mdsami849

I m getting an error message "Communication adopter damage" when i tried to connect a S7-313 PLC with PC via MPI cable. Then i take it to a professional and he is getting the same message. Well is anything related to the communication port has problem( some IC or so inside) or what? Can anyone help me regarding the situation;)

Do you use the right com-port?

Look under:

'Simatic Manager / Options / Set PC/PG-interface / Properties / Local connection'.

Also:

Check the Transmission-rate: i have a small switch on the side of the PC-adaptor. The two rates must be the same.

Check under: 'Simatic Manager / Options / Set PC/PG-interface / Properties / MPI' if your 'pg/pc is the only master on the bus' because maybe it's not the only master on the bus.

Also check you are addressing the correct plc. The 313 plc will have an MPI address. (1 or 2, usually). Set the pg to have a different one( I use 3). My settings "Local connection" settings are: "COM1" and "38,000".
Also check via "Windows" "System settings" that your 9 pin port is "Com1".
I also use a USB-9pin adaptor which gives a "com" address of 4.

I m getting an error message "Communication adopter damage" when i tried to connect a S7-313 PLC with PC via MPI cable. Then i take it to a professional and he is getting the same message. Well is anything related to the communication port has problem( some IC or so inside) or what? Can anyone help me regarding the situation;)

First, what cable do you have Serial, usb. You must have the drivers loaded for the adapter you have. Go to your PG/PC interface and select the correct adapter. Once you have selected the correct adapter go to step 7 and select accesible nodes to see if anything shows up. If not go back to the PG/PC interface and modify baud rates until you find the correct one.
Hope this helps.