s7 TD200 display - power off?

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I have a TD200 display connected to my S7 200 PLC. The display recieve its power from the CPU, is there a way to disable this and get the power from the 24VDC instead?

/Tim

Well that doesn't help me. I want to controll the power to the TD200 with my DC source. Now I got power all the time through the PLC.

You will need to make a custom communication cable without power as outlined in the TD200 Manual. Then supply 24VDC to the green connector. You can switch this ON/OFF as desired.

I have done this exact thing before for a cut to length machine, use the cable diagram provided by BITS N BYTES it should work perfectly

please note, you must supply external power to the TD 200 for it to work. if you use that cable

hope this help.
Kyle Sleiman