Sawtooth Peak Detection

BigbenGrundy

Hello Everyone:
I have a machine in the field with a twin diaphragm pump driven by a VFD. It Produces a "sinusoidal sort of" process pressure waveform.

We need a process pressure value to control the speed of the pump.

How would you write a program in RS5000 to capture (a trend) the peaks of this waveform?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

So far

This is what I have so far
The issue I am having is the amplitude can be so great that the peak drops down when it shouldn't. so now I am trying to figure out how to approach this the best way

PEAK DETECTION.JPG PEAK TREND.JPG

We ended up determining formula allowed us to say that at a certain hertz we needed so much time to see 2 peaks and used that to help us pull our values.
The biggest problem that I had before was trying to determine when to reset our values to find new ones. That is why we got rid of the old method and created this new one.
Less work easier to manage.

PEAK TREND 2.JPG PEAK DETECTION 2.JPG