Self-Teaching PLC, Hardware Question

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Guys,

Got a question, I use AB 1500 at work, but only have a AB Micro 1000 at home to practice with. I would like to practice programming with Analog signals at home, is there any config. or simulator that I can use with my AB 1000 to practice working with Analog or do I need to get a different processor?

Thanks

Analog is just math, you don't need a processor with analog inputs and outputs to practice the concepts. Sure if you want to measure the current and supply the current...but it's not needed to learn.

When working with analog remember two things:
1. The equation y = mx + b will cover most of your needs for math (remember that one from algebra!)
2. ALWAYS reference the hardware manuals! After all they will determine the raw min/max values as they are dependent on the type of analog-digital converters in place(newer stuff is programmable but its a step you need to take).

For your exercise, lookup the manual of a Micro 1000 to see what scaling values are needed for raw min/max, when you do the math the results just get stored into an R register instead of an I/O register.

Search the forums, plenty of examples of where to start.

Thanks Paully's5.0

Funny coincidence is that the guys at the shop call me Paulie, as Paul is my first name. Happy New Year.