Set Reset problem on 1 bit ?

As I said... It's been a long time since I had a problem with this.

This document from Siemens should clarify the question about SFC15.

https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/143/28991143/att_80219/v1/28991143_consistent_data_e.pdf

It does mention that you can access it directly via the registers, but nothing about the MOV instruction.

Edit:
I would, and generally do, use the SFC14 and 15 for this. Mostly because it's not that big of a difference in the code but can avoid some hard to understand issues later on for me or others to trace and fix.

Blocks 64 bytes

Hi Jesper,

My data is 90 bytes and in the HWconf I have 2 blocks of 64 bytes consistent.
Is that a problem for consistency on the 90 bytes ?

Thanks,
G

Either use SFC14/SFC15 or the i/o addresses should be within the process image of the CPU (usually below byte 256).

You MUST transfer the data for a consistent i/o block in one whole consistent block.

You should program a DB with 2 separate 64-byte STRUCTs.
Then call 2x SFC15 each with one of the STRUCTs.

test SFC15

You MUST transfer the data for a consistent i/o block in one whole consistent block.

You should program a DB with 2 separate 64-byte STRUCTs.
Then call 2x SFC15 each with one of the STRUCTs.

Hi,

I made a DB76 (copy of my data DB with initial (zero) data).
I send it with SFC15.
the outputs on Q1900 remains setted ?
Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
G

issue.jpg

Better screenshot

A better screenshot:

ret.jpg

Outputs high ? While sending an empty DB with SFC15 .

Kind regards,
G

I dont understand. What are we looking at in the screenshot ?
Where are the Q1900 bits ? In the PLC that is sending data or in the PLC that is receiving data ?
What is the relation to the data in DB76 ?
You have a lot of STRINGs in DB76. But are somehow connected to the BOOLs in Q1900.
Come on, how is someone supposed to understand what is going on based on this input ?!

jesper

Hello,

I dont understand. What are we looking at in the screenshot ?
Where are the Q1900 bits ? In the PLC that is sending data or in the PLC that is receiving data ?
What is the relation to the data in DB76 ?
You have a lot of STRINGs in DB76. But are somehow connected to the BOOLs in Q1900.
Come on, how is someone supposed to understand what is going on based on this input ?!

1900 are the hardware adresses of the DP-DP coupler.
I used SFC15 twice, with LADDR 76C (1900) and LADDR 7AC (1964).
76C = first 64 bytes consistency
7AC = second 64 bytes consistency

I'm sending to LADDR 76C (Q1900 area) my DB76. it's a DB with 128 empty bytes. By doing this I'm expecting that all adresses starting with Q1900 are empty. But when I monitor in the hardware config, I can see that the outputs are not written to zero by the DB76 + SFC15 code.

I hope that is more clear,

apologies for not being clear enough,

Kind regard,
C

Not sure but it seems that the view of DB76 is not online. The "actual values" you can see in the screenshot are the offline actual values, not the online actual values.

What is the status of the corresponding receiving data area in the receiving CPU ?

Receiving

Not sure but it seems that the view of DB76 is not online. The "actual values" you can see in the screenshot are the offline actual values, not the online actual values.

What is the status of the corresponding receiving data area in the receiving CPU ?

On the receiving side i have old data (copy from the Original DB in the SEND PLC), the received DB is not cleared with the send DB. The data is not send over, while SFC 14 and SFC15 have retrieve value 0 (no errors).

That's one issue that I'm searching for.

Another thing is, I've seen that I have 2 x 64 byte consistent output area's, I guess I can change that to 64 words consistent output area so that I can send my 90 byte's consistently in one cycle ?

Kind regards,
Gerry

It works

Hi Jesper,

It works now, thanks. I was misleaded by the bits in the Q1900 area. 'EMPTY' in a string gives some bits on true offcourse :)

So I compared the data on both sides with VAT tables, and the data is identical now.

Yeah, I think I will have to change to 64 words during the weekend (production stop). To have complete consistency.

Thanks Jesper,
kind regards,
C

Still would like to know what are the online actual values in DB76.

Yes you can use the maximum size 64 words.

RR1.jpg RR2.jpg