SEW IPOS Drive Assembler Code conversion to PLC Ladder Logic

adnan_hayat88

I have a machine which is undergoing upgradation. As part of the process two SEW drives are being replaced., existing Gen B with new Gen C. The existing SEW drive is MOVIDRIVE B; with IPOS program running. I want to replace using the IPOS program with PLC logic routine.
The drives are communicating with Rockwell control system via ethernet communication. I tried extracting compiler code from the drives but unfortunately the drive does not contain compiler data.

Your MOVIDRIVE unit is the MDX61B? You connected to the drive using the MOVITOOLS motion studio software?
Yes, the unit is MDX61 and we connected to the drive using MOVITOOLS motion studio software and extracted assembler code and parameter file via MT Manager. Now we need to convert assembler code to PLC Ladder Logic.

Have you thought of using the bus positioning application in Movitools? Commissioning the vfd using bus positioning allows you to use PLC logic for all drive functions. Using 3PD gives you drive status, actual speed, and actual positioning as inputs to your program, and drive command, speed command, and position commands as outputs from your plc program.

The bus positioning module writes an IPOS program to the drive.