Siemens 226 CPU and more RS232 ports

sonarbell

Simply put..I have a Siemens CPU226 with 2 comms ports. Currently one is used for the HMI and the other for Online programming.
I have a Barcode reader and a labeller to interface to the processor. Both using RS232 comms.. But Siemens dont do an additional 2 port module..

Anyone any ideas as to how to resolve this ??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My solution:
Add an ethernet CP 243-1 to your CPU226.
Get from Anybus or other brand, two Gateways serial / ethernet so you can connect the two units to your PLC. You will also be needing a small switch.

Thanks for the info..I have opted to use a profibus expander module which will allow me to communicate to the HMI and my laptop. This then allows my 2 comms ports on the CPU to be free for comms to the other pieces of equipment

Thanks again