Siemens 7SR11 61850 ring comm

Cafofo

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking advice from those familiar with working on Siemens Relay 7SR11 for communication via 61850. Currently, we have approximately 10 relays arranged in a "Daisy-Chained" configuration, following the guidelines in the 7SR11_Argus_Complete_Technical_Manual (Chapter 5, Page 29 of 32).

Our setup involves a Cisco IE2000u switch, and we're communicating with a Rockwell Controllogix L85EP and MVI56E-61850C.

In an effort to simplify the situation, we experimented with only three relays in a daisy-chained configuration: R1 connected to the switch & R2 , R2 connected to R1 & R3 , R3 connected to R2 and also connected to the switch, thus closing the loop with spanning tree enabled for redundancy.

Here's the challenge: While I can successfully communicate (Ping and retrieve information from the Rockwell Contrologix Controller) with relays 1 and 3, relay 2 seems to pose a problem. It appears that communication is not passing through the chain as expected. The spanning tree doesn't seem to be recognizing the closed loop, almost as if R2 is not properly connected to the others.

If I try connect all relays as Star on the switch all works fine, but we cannot do due to switch port allocation.

I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone has experience configuring these relays and has encountered a similar issue. The customer has attempted to seek local country support from Siemens, but the resolution is proving more challenging than anticipated.

Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciate. I'm pretty sure it's some trick in the relay, but no expience on that.

Thank you.