Siemens blockmove

Ranjith

Could some one please tell me how to copy an entire data block to another in Step 7. I used SFC 20 in the ladder compiled and downloaded to CPU. but it did not copy the contents.

Hello Ranjith;

SFC20 "BLKMOV" is a standard way of transfering blocks of data from one location to another with Step 7. It works, and it is simple to use, if you understand ANY pointers for Source and Destination areas.

Could you please post the code you are using, we may find the source of the problem by examining it.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Here's an example of SFC20 in use. DB1 and DB2 are both 64 bytes long. Note that if SFC20 fails, the return value will be non-zero and will indicate what is wrong.

view11.JPG

Similar Topics

The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi need help why this “failure 5 emergency stop “ appears at every startup in the morning ? Have to shut off main switch at least 10 times on...
Replies
Views
i have two plc 1. s7-1212dc/dc/dc ip; 192.168.0.1 2. s7-1500 1513-1pn ip; 192.168.3.2 i need to get data from plc1 to plc2. any idea how to do...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone hope you'll well. Is it possible for me to download a Crack version of tia portal v13..sorry to say this but the software is very...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom