Siemens KTP1200 Download Issue

mjp123gp

Hello, Hoping you guys could help solve an issue I'm having with a Siemens KTP1200 Basic HMI.

I've been onsite for a few days making changes and haven't had any issues downloading to this HMI, but yesterday it started giving me trouble.

Everything compiles fine and the download starts but when it gets to the part where TIA Portal says "Loading Configuration - File pdata.srt is being loaded", it just stops and eventually the download will fail. When this happens, The screen on the HMI is blank and with text that says Shutting Down but it stays stuck like this until I cycle power to it.

I've tested the file on another HMI here and it downloads fine with no errors. Is there anything I can reset or reload the firmware on the HMI? Could it be corrupt OS or more likely hardware issues? Once I cycle power it comes back up and runs the old application with no issues, it just won't let me download the new file.

I just tried that but it didn't work.

I was able to get the download to work by restarting the HMI and putting it in transfer mode.

It still takes a lot longer than it has been in the past but eventually it works. I just did my last download for the day and it took almost 10 minutes to get through the pdata.srt part of the transfer. Its never taken more than 20-30 seconds in the past.

I've been making occasional updates to this HMI for the past 6 months and never had any issues.