Siemens S7-1200 profinet communication with codesys plc

Hi. I am no sure I understand your question. There is no need to "convert the inputs from byte to bool".
What you need to do is use the correct syntax. Please see the screenshot. Hope this helps.2024-03-08_Siemens_iDevice&CodesysController.png

Hi Guys, after the successful communication established in the last weeks now suddenly the codesys throws the error as shows in the attached the picture. Do you guys have any idea about these errors?

Attachments

• codeys_Error.png
    codeys_Error.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 14
Are you using a USB-LAN adapter? The program does not recognise the Ethernet hardware.
You have to put the tool online, scan the PLC application and reselect the Ethernet hardware, build the program and download it, then put the PLC in run mode.

Hey guys, I have to combine 4 bytes of data and convert them to get a real value. Is there any way to do it in codesys to convert bytes to real value?

Hi everyone,

I would like to connect to this thread because my problem seems to be similar.

I have a PN/PN coupler in the project that will be connected to an unknown network with DCS.
To test, I connected a second PLC and communication worked in both directions. Then I removed the second PLC from the project and set X2 as Outside of project. Now, after loading the project into the PLC, I have the error:
Net configuration error - Difference between nets at slot 1
PNPN Coupler / PNPN Coupler.X1.

Hi everyone,

I would like to connect to this thread because my problem seems to be similar.

I have a PN/PN coupler in the project that will be connected to an unknown network with DCS.
To test, I connected a second PLC and communication worked in both directions. Then I removed the second PLC from the project and set X2 as Outside of project. Now, after loading the project into the PLC, I have the error:
Net configuration error - Difference between nets at slot 1
PNPN Coupler / PNPN Coupler.X1.
Hello Kristof74 and welcome to the forum.

I strongly advice you start a new thread and provide more information, like for example, which brand of PLC and model you are using.
This thread is basically a CoDeSys related PLC. So, if you are using Siemens, there is a risk that Siemens experts will not read your post. Also, this post is not about PN/PN coupler.
Also, could you provide a screenshot of the engineering tool showing the normal communication and the problem you describe? I do not understand very well the explanation.

Hello Guys,

How can we set Siemens plc as IO controller and codesys as IO device? Earlier, we did it in the opposite way.

Then you do it the opposite way.

I dont know how it is done in Codesys, but it must be configured as an I-Device with the needed transfer areas, and the GSDML file must be generated in Codesys.

In TIA, under Options, use the Manage general description file (GSD) to import the GSDML file from Codesys into TIA.
You can then find the Codesys PLC in the hardware catalog under Other field devices .. PROFINET IO ..

You will need to buy the Profinet device license which is not included in the regular license. This will set you back EUR 100.
You configure the PROFINET device application and the CODESYS engineering tool lets you generate the GSDML file for the IO size of your device application.
It is all very well explained in the product datasheet, link below.
CODESYS PROFINET Device SL