Siemens S7 PDIAG: how to know which bit is the first one causing the alarm

hi all,

Currently i am working in a project which it's alarm messaging is doing by PDIAG -> Wincc with ProAgent. And after testing in a runtime it's running smoothly.

Now I want to make a logger in the PLC to record the alarm which causing the machine stop (downtime report). I can take all of the bits which has "error definition", make a filter and log in the DB's. But how to know which bit is coming first?

If anyone has done the same, please share with me.

thanks!

Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but you could write a loop to check each bit and if the bit is true, write an index number and the time to a DB. The index number would tell you which bit in the list caused the alarm. Unless you know a way of reporting the address of a bit when it is true in STL.

I would increment a number during the count if you don't like using the actual loop count, and get the time from the system.

Make an array of UDTs with an INT and the Time, then fill them in.

This is not a simple piece of code, you will also need to check to see if the destination is already used before writing and move down one position and also do something at the end of the block. I would start back at the beginning of the DB and make it a circular buffer of the last X number of alarms.

You will also want to check the DB for this alarm in the previous position to stop it from filling the whole DB with the same alarm.........

That should be a good start anyway.

Or you could use the built in alarms in WINCC FLex and the alarms will show up in a list with time stamp on the HMI.

Or you could use PDIAG

Should be a fun distraction. Good luck.

Thanks for replying...
I have not continue that project anyway (I did not put that feature in that project).
But thanks for your posting, I am sure it will usefully for me and others.