Siemens TIAv14 Upload Issues

elons_nephew

Under PLC tags it shows there is a discrepancy with a lower level component via the orange exclamation mark. Yet there is no Blue/Orange under the tree to indicate what I need to upload. And the problem is I cannot access the project I need to monitor. I have tried uploading the project I want to monitor it goes green then when I click on it goes right back to Blue/Orange and I cannot monitor.

projectproblem.jpg

It is probably that some symbol names differs on PLC tags and when you open block it changes names.
Another can be that intance DB block linked to FB have differences or maybe DB blocks where you have symbols.

Try compare with onlin for FB and DB, then upload all symbols.

If FB says for comparing that offline and online is equal and all other DB and sumbols are also same, it should stay green.

Sometimes have needed to donwload still some blocks to back to PLC at online view works. Even both are same versions after uploading code from PLC. o_O 🔨

Thank you for the help.
What I ended up having to do was compare online/offline there was one tag that was missing in my offline. I manually created it and everything was good after that.

I am just unclear as to why an upload of the project did not upload all the online tag values.

It is probably that some symbol names differs on PLC tags and when you open block it changes names.
Another can be that intance DB block linked to FB have differences or maybe DB blocks where you have symbols.

Try compare with onlin for FB and DB, then upload all symbols.

If FB says for comparing that offline and online is equal and all other DB and sumbols are also same, it should stay green.

Sometimes have needed to donwload still some blocks to back to PLC at online view works. Even both are same versions after uploading code from PLC. o_O 🔨

It is TIA. You should still have offline backups even that whole project upload is possible from PLC.

Despite the fact that it exists, the Upload feature is fraught with limitations, and is really only "supposed" to be used for disaster recovery, not daily workflow. Siemens REALLY wants you to have a copy of the project, because why wouldn't you? The software upload is pretty much there now that it uploads groups, but the whole station upload to get HW still has limitations.