Siemens Tisoft Counter Maxed Out!

tlrabun

I am using a counter to keep track of engine run hours. The problem is that at 32767 hours, the V memory register maxed out. Is there a solution to continue counting beyond 32767........

When I have needed to count above 32767 I use a series of counters. I have a counter that counts up to 10,000. When that counter reaches 10,000 it resets itself and increments a second counter. I then use the TCC values of both counters to give me the total count. If you want time you can do the same thing. Use a one timer to count seconds, when it reaches 60 reset it and have it increment a counter for minutes. When it reaches 60 have it reset and increment a counter for hours. If necessary you can have it increment a day counter. With a couple of counters you can go up 32767 days or about 90 years. I hope your engine test doesn't last that long.