Siemens TP37

RoTaTech

I have a TP37 which is loaded with an application (attached) but the touch screen no longer responds. I cannot get past the first menu page.

I have hooked up a keyboard and mouse to it, and I can get to the BIOS using the keyboard, and ensured I have enabled the mouse port (yes, the mouse itself does work, and I have tried two).

I have never used this HMI before, so I don't know if the application has to enable a mouse. Regardless, I have decided to replace it with Ignition, but do not have the software to open the application to identify the tags.

Will someone here please open this and - if the software can - do a screen and tag dump to a PDF file? There is a PDB file that I cannot upload here because of its size; I can e-mail to whomever may require it for conversion.

Unfortunately, the only thing you could possibly do without a Protool (.pdb) project file is to do a Prosave backup and restore it to another working TP37... but the trick is you would have to get the TP37 into transfer mode somehow... without a working touch screen, that would be very hard to do.

I have "transplanted" a Siemens HMI touchscreen before. This would require either buying a working TP37 and transplanting the touchscreen, or trying to find the touchscreen assembly (google or ebay/alibaba/aliexpress).

I believe those older models were superceeded due to the ROSH compliance, the touch screens were manufactured by a company (cannot remember the name), however, we had the same problem, I removed the old touch panel & stripping off the old securing tape found the manufacturer, phoned them but they said that they had no more & they did not sell them & gave me a distributors name who may be able to help, phoned them they had 2 in stock at £50.00 each, raised an order for both, that was probably 7-10 years ago so I can only assume there probably no more "NEW" ones, We did not use the second one & no idea where it went as the company went into liquidation.
This was certainly better than paying £3,600.00 for one from the machine manufacturer, who at the time only had 2, due to them having a number of customers with that machine I doubt they have any left, replacing the touch panel was a little tricky but reasonably easy, re-calibrated it fine.
Perhaps there may be some old ones out there even one where the touch screen is ok, however, to remove one intact is almost impossible so only way is to use existing electronics into another where the touch screen is ok.

The .pdb file is the Protool source program !
A Prosave backup file would have a .psb extention.
A .fud file is the runtime that is loaded onto the panel. You cant do anything with it.
Not sure about the .rdf file. edit: possibly has something to do with recipes.

So if someone has Protool, he can load the .pdb project file an print the screens, the tags and texts such as alarms.

Last edited: