Simoreg F030 fault

tassie_tryer

G'day all.
I have a crane installation, which runs 2 x 1200A Simoreg drives and 2 x 600A drives in conjunction with an S7- 315 PLC.
This installation was commissioned approx. 10 years ago.
On one of the 600A drives, over the last few weeks, we have had many trips due to F030 fault.
Parameter U 580(P2580) set to 7.
Parameter U 581 shows index 65 = 95, 66 = 213, 67 = 0, 68 = 0.

That tells me that we have had 95 trips due to blocking voltage time area - criterion 1 and 213 trips due to the current waveform - criterion 2. (I must add at this point that I do not understand what that actually means)
After talking with the Siemens help line, I was informed that some software versions cause these trips and to set Parameter U 580 to 4 so as to only monitor maximum current values.

Parameter r 060 (software version) shows index 1 = 3.2, 2 = 2.1

So, i changed parameter U 580 to 4 and obviously there have been no trips since.
I have reservations when changing parameters that have been working for years so I was wondering if anyone had any information to get to the bottom of this.
There was a CUD1 card replaced around the time these trips first began, could there be a conflict between the 2 versions of software? Do I need to give the drive a manual optimization?
All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Have you put a scope on the supply to look at the waveforms? It seems strange that only one drive sees any problems. The components that measure the waveforms may be breaking down over time, I know that some Masterdrive products of similar vintage have trouble reading the DC bus voltage.

Nick

Have not done this as yet, i was thinking along the same lines. ie. no problems with the other 3 drives. I was more interested in what errors with:
1) blocking voltage time area
2) current waveform
actually mean.
Do they mean that there is an issue with one of the motors connected to this drive or perhaps an issue with the drive itself.
If these things are not important, why do they monitor them?