Simple VBA in Excel Userform...

nedved

I am a newby to VB in Excel. The only thing I cannot make work is to display string data in a textbox on a userform. I have the following code which appears to work up until the data move from item to the textbox name on the DDERequest line. It generates a type mismatch.

ChannelNumber = Application.DDEInitiate( _
app:="RSLinx", _
topic:="Topic_Test")
CLX_Tag = "Order_No[0]"
TextBox1 = Application.DDERequest(ChannelNumber, CLX_Tag)
Application.DDETerminate ChannelNumber

My goal is to simply create a userform with textboxes in Excel to display string values from a ControlLogix. It seems simple to me, but is it even possible? As I mentioned, I am a bit new to VBA with only some experience programming forms in MS Access.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've been banging my head on the wall with this for a couple of days now.

Thanks in advance.

Don N.

I have not done much VBA in a while but this is was I see:

I think it should be something like this

TextBox1.text = Application.DDERequest(ChannelNumber, CLX_Tag)

This is my first guess. You could also just try to display some text from VBA like

TextBox1.text = "test text"

Get the text working then work on the DDE connection.

CharlesM said:
I have not done much VBA in a while but this is was I see:

I think it should be something like this

TextBox1.text = Application.DDERequest(ChannelNumber, CLX_Tag)

This is my first guess. You could also just try to display some text from VBA like

TextBox1.text = "test text"

Get the text working then work on the DDE connection.
OK. I tested the textbox with plain text and it works. But when I try this;

TextBox1.Text = Application.DDERequest(ChannelNumber, CLX_Tag)

I get a VB error - Type mismatch

nedved said:
OK. I tested the textbox with plain text and it works. But when I try this;

TextBox1.Text = Application.DDERequest(ChannelNumber, CLX_Tag)

I get a VB error - Type mismatch
I should add that I am using a DINT in the ControlLogix for now.