simplfying a plc program's functional spec

stephen83

Hi there, i like to know if some of you experienced plc gurus have particular method/s on simplying a plc program written by somone else. whether complex or not, do you follow guideline when trying to understand what program's functional spec without actually being in front of the actual machine and asking the operators.
Regards
stephen:teacher:

The first thing to understand is the actually function of the machine being controlled. A programmer must know this well before writing the PLC program.
The existing documentation for the PLC should read like a book, and explain what is happening.
I find different programmers can program the same machine with good results but its the one that is well documented that is the best.

Hope this helps,