SLC 5/03 and IAI PCON (Modbus)

gregi

Need to talk to 2 servo drives by IAI (PCON)from SLC 5/03. What do I need , how easy it is? Need just change position register value and monitor controller status.

The very newest OS302 Series C FRN 11 firmware for the SLC-5/03, -5/04, and -5/05 controllers can configure the Channel 0 serial port as a Modbus RTU Master.

If your SLC was built in the past 12 years or so (i.e. not the Series A hardware), it can be upgraded with a firmware plug, part number 1747-OS302.

** I learned that some of the FRN11 firmware plugs were mis-programmed with FRN10; it might be a few days before that gets sorted out and you can buy those upgrade plugs again.

You can also use a Prosoft MVI46-MCM module, which are very popular Modbus interfaces.

Similar Topics

Hello All! I am writing today because I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Another site I am affiliated with keeps having their slc 5/03s...
Replies
Views
I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a few SLCs in my plant and of late we've seen a weird issue: The system will be running normally and then randomly the outputs...
Replies
Views
I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom