SLC 5/03 Error 612-No active nodes on the network

Ralph@NES

I've got an old Heald grinder that's been set up with one of these. It's worked flawlessly for quite some time, we powered it up this morning and got a 'No active nodes found on the network' alarm. I'm rather confused as to what network it refers to, as this thing is ancient. Is this something anyone has encountered before and can you point me in the right direction as to where to start looking?

I've got a decent pile of paperwork that came with this thing... Reams and reams of printouts and whatnot. I guess I'd just like to know what the heck went wrong.

Yes, its a communication error with your HMI and the SLC5/03. See picture below. Are you getting any good data on the HMI ( PanelView) or is everything lost ( no data at all)
Any resent changes to the HMI or SLC program.
If you can post the SLC's program and the PV's program ( zip them first) It will help someone help you track this down.
Check wiring between the SLC and the PV.
Post the complete catalog number of the PV. The more info the better the help.

errorMessage.jpg

I don't believe I have the programs on any sort of disc... Looks like it's all on reams of paper :(

The PV is 2711-K5A9 connected directly (I think) via RS232 to the 5/03.

SLC 5/03 CPU module

1 SLC servo module with Ultra 3000 drive
4 input DC-SINK modules
2 output DC-source modules
1 output Relay module

Panelview 550 front pane.

Error is 612-No active nodes found on network

And the led is DH-485, along with RS232 blinking
Run light is on
FLT, Force, and Batt LED's are all off.

My bad on circling the 613 error above.

Is the SLC5/03 working ( controlling the machine ok)?
Have you tried to cycle power to the PV?
Do you have the software for the PV ( Panelbuider32) to pull the program from the PV? The PV could be bad if its pretty old.
You may need some outside help if your in house resources are limit.
(software and backup programs)

Again, double check the wiring, disconnect and reconnect.

I'm unable to cycle the machine because the 'home' and clear error functions that enable the servo to be powered on are dependent on keypresses on the PV550.

The program is in the PV? For some reason I assumed it would be in the 5/03. I have no software for communicating with anything at this point. :(

It sounds like you are going to need some outside help with this.

The SLC5/03 has its own program to control the machine. The panelview has its own program to display and interact with the SLC, push buttons,indicators, graphics etc.

I'm unable to cycle the machine because the 'home' and clear error functions that enable the servo to be powered on are dependent on keypresses on the PV550.
So does the above statement mean that some parts of the PV are working?
What I meant was to just cycle power to the PV only.

The PV comes alive and I can navigate the buttons on it, there's just no communication with the 5/03 nor feedback from it.

I'm trying to get the original programming from the retrofitter just in case.

Is there any way to get into the PV and see what the setting for communication baud is, without having that 1747 module or something similar?

Why would have changed it?

The default for your SLC5/03 is Baud rate of 19200, node 1.
Set the PV baud rate to match and its node to something other then 1.

Before you change the node and baud rate write down the old settings.

Have you checked the cable between the 5/03 and PV ? Could be a break or something similar ?

Hi gays,
I have the same error code "612" at panel view 600 connected to SLC 5/03 cpu....

The problem occurred when a short circuit occurs on a solenoid valve powered from an output card, but the protective fuse didn't be suitable so the output module is broken and a fault occur the CPU. so, I reset the CPU to factory setting and download the backup program. now, the system works normally but I have two issues:
1) Error 612 at panel view.
2)SCADA prog can't communicate with PLC program.

I think that I download the correct PLC program but with a different name that the panel view program and scada have so they can't establish the communication.

Please, give any advices because now I can't see any alarms at automation line without panel view or scada

Hi gays,
I have the same error code "612" at panel view 600 connected to SLC 5/03 cpu....

Abo Hozifa,

Just so you are aware, its "HI GUYS".

This may seem trivial at the moment but its good information in case you ever decide to visit the USA and want to greet a bunch of southern, good old boys standing outside a local watering hole.

Greeting someone with your version may get you a response you did not expected.