SLC 5/04 oem bit protection

The OEM Lock is, as far as I know, not able to be opened without the corresponding offline file.

Its purpose was to prevent access to protect Intellectual Property Rights, and I don't think even RA can get access to it. If they could, you would have to prove to them 100% (possibly 110%) that you have the rights to access the program.

But it can be a headache when an OEM goes out of business, which basically means the "key" is thrown away.

The OEM Lock is, as far as I know, not able to be opened without the corresponding offline file.

Its purpose was to prevent access to protect Intellectual Property Rights, and I don't think even RA can get access to it. If they could, you would have to prove to them 100% (possibly 110%) that you have the rights to access the program.

But it can be a headache when an OEM goes out of business, which basically means the "key" is thrown away.

Actually my client is in trouble coz they don't have offline file and their machine is shutdown in a certain time duration because another company puts "some counter in program with oem bit set" and every time when machine is shutdown they come because they have offline file and charge their service charge and not ready to give program backup....

Actually my client is in trouble coz they don't have offline file and their machine is shutdown in a certain time duration because another company puts "some counter in program with oem bit set" and every time when machine is shutdown they come because they have offline file and charge their service charge and not ready to give program backup....

That's the whole point of the OEM Lock feature.

"Dear INTEL, Please send me all the information I need of your Hyper-threaded I7 Core processor to enable me to manufacture them myself, and sell them cheaper than you...."

need i say more?

Money talks, tell them to buy the offline program. Then get rid of the OEM bit.

Like Mickey said "Money Talks"....

Tell the customer that the next time they purchase a new machine they need to put in the sales contract that they are to receive all program files and the control system is not to have any proprietary locks. I do work for Oil Companies and that is in all of there purchase contracts. It is much easier to negotiate what ever you want in a contract before you buy than to try and get it after you have already received the unit.