SLC 5/05 and Powerflex 4 Drive Communication

You are right KCDAVE.

The analogue option is the cheapest, but as I said I am not writing the software, the client is doing this. I am only providing the hardware in a new control panel and they wish to go along this route?
Who am I to argue, as long as I get paid.

The whole idea is correct, but they have picked an unfortunate combination of PLC and VFD to do it. It would have been much easier to either:

1. Use 1747-SM1's in an SLC500 and Powerflex 70 series with DPI ports.

OR

2. Use 1769-SM2's in a MicroLogix1500 and the Powerflex 40's DSI port.

OR

3. Use the Modbus serial port driver for Ch0/1 in a Micrologix 1500 with an RS485 adaptor to the Powerflex 40's.

Somebody just has not really thought this one through.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I'm having a strange issue where the operator can input a desired speed in 0-110%, and the scaling will correctly translate that in Hertz to the...
Replies
Views
I have decided that instead of upgrading the drives & plc at the same time on my project i would just do the drives for now as just getting them...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , We had to replace a Powerflex 70 2 HP with a 3 HP. These drives are on Devicenet . Once installed and transferring with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Powerflex 700 VC (actually a number of them) all connected via RIO using a 20-COMM-R back to an SLC 5/03. I need to install a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a pretty simple application that I can't seem to get straight in my head. I have a 525 which is set to start/stop based on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom