SLC explicit messaging

hokie

Does anyone know if there is an integrated function for handling explicit messaging in the SLC, like the MSG command in the logix systems?
Last time I did this you had to build your own message and stick it in some specific location in the M0 file and wait for response to show up in M1.

Dem,cem,eem

SLC-5/03, /04, /05 controllers added new DeviceNet Explicit Message (DEM), ControlNet Explicit Message (CEM), and EtherNet/IP Explicit Message (EEM) instructions in Series C, FRN10 firmware. Most SLC-5/0x controllers built since 1994 can be upgraded to this version of firmware.

DEM requires the 1747-SDN, of course, and CEM requires the 1747-SCNR. EEM runs through the Ethernet port of the SLC-5/05 only.

The instruction basically hides the creation of the array of data and the copying of the array into the M0/M1 files. It's a lot easier than the old method.

It's still not as functional as the Logix instruction (shorter data lengths, etc) but its a big ease-of-use improvement.