SLC I/O Count ?

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a quick way to determine this on an existing system using rslogix ?

i have been looking but cant find anything?

But only if you have a backup copy of the application that is installed in the system in question, it is a fixed SLC processor (like a Micrologix or fixed SLC500, or you start with a new project and add all the I/O cards which are or intend to be installed.

(I think.)

Im fairly sure you can start a new RSLogix empty project and establish communications, then ask the SLC what cards are fitted as I said above.

Its a modular 5/04 with some RIO racks on rio and dnet.

I have worked out my IO count manually, but my question still stands, does logix 500 give you a count ?

I dont remember seeing it in READ IO CONFIG, perhaps i missed it, but this is little use if you are not connected to the system and only have the project files ?

You are right, I don't see an I/O count listed anywhere. The manual method jstolaruk suggests looks to be the only way.

I suppose you could export your Address/Symbol Database and use Excel to filter out all but I and O addresses. But that would only work if the addresses had been documented.

OG